Data Science / Data Analysis Apprenticeship
Who we are :
We are a team of 45 enthusiastic specialists in data-driven management, based in Brussels. We help our customers to better execute their strategy or their transformation plans, by digitalizing key management functions that (1) gives them frequently a complete and up-to-date view over their business, (2) supports effectively their decision-making-processes and (3) turns continuously decisions into actions. We also have top-notch solutions to ease data collection (4).
Our integrated platforms are fast to implement, easy to operate and ready to scale. They are the perfect short term and long term solutions to enter the digital management journey.
Some customers of ours are : BNP Paribas Group, to pilot their strategic initiatives ; Exki, to have an instant understanding of the profitability of each shop in this so complex Covid period ; One G7 government to manage a portfolio of reforms at state, regional and departmental levels.
We’ve learnt a lot the last years, we’ve built a profitable activity, we believe that there’s a momentum for us now … it’s time for scale-up. We have very ambitious growth plans, and the financial resources to make them happen.
Presentation of the position
In the context of the proposed apprenticeship, you will be in charge of carrying out and/or piloting data processing projects, in response to team requests.
You will play a role of facilitator and promoter for new technologies of access / processing / restitution of data, in coherence with dFakto technologies.
This work-study program will allow you to combine theoretical teachings and professional experience within a company.
It will contribute favorably to your transition between higher education or university and the professional world.
Your tasks will be :
- Understand and challenge the use of internal and external data ;
- Recover data and make the database more reliable ;
- Read and analyze relevant data sets according to pre-established segmentation criteria ;
- Specific analyses & Reporting
- Strategic analyses to guide product development
- Feed the sets of indicators (KPI) in connection with the analyses ;
- Communicate the results of analyses - “story telling” ;
- Automate the visualization of data in the form of a dashboard ;
- Share and capitalize on the work within the company ;
- Make recommendations based on the results ;
- Challenge existing models and identify opportunities to improve the analysis.
Supervision of the intern
The supervisor will work closely with you and you will have access to a quality work environment. From the beginning of your mission, the trainer will supervise you, take the time to accompany and coach you, and validate your progress in order to closely follow the evolution of your work. The goal is also to acquire as much autonomy as possible over time.
You will be integrated into the workspace with all dFakto collaborators. The goal is that you are quickly integrated and that you benefit from a stimulating work environment. We are above all a team !
- You are a student in Master1/2 University or in Business School / Engineering School specialized in data
- If you have already demonstrated an interest in our business through internships in a consulting firm or a research / customer knowledge department of a large French group, this is a plus :wink :
- You are curious and have a good culture of technology and an interest in the development of data processing solutions
- You are analytical, organized, able to summarize and be rigorous, autonomous and you are result oriented
- Language skills : Fluent in French & English
- Computer skills :
- Mastery of databases
- Knowledge of some IT languages : SQL (SAS and R are a plus)
- Knowledge of reporting and data visualization tools (Toucan Toco, Tableau sw/Alteryx (ETL), Power BI, …)
- Knowledge of web analytics tools is a plus : (ex Google analytics)
- Knowledge of data flow diagrams
- Mathematical and statistical skills are a plus
You’ve made it this far but are missing one or two skills ? No problem, it’s our job to train you. Don’t be afraid to apply even if you are missing some prerequisites ????
We offer you a rewarding experience with a multitude of opportunities for you development and career development with an awesome team. Tell us about your motivation to join the missions that await within our team !
Postulez ici : firstname.lastname@example.org